Skip to content
The Provincial Government has released a new benefit to support BC residents.
- $1,000 for families with annual incomes under $125,000. Families earning up to $175,000 will qualify for a reduced benefit amount. Single-parent families also qualify for these benefit amounts.
- $500 for single people with annual incomes under $62,500. Single people earning up to $87,500 will qualify for a reduced benefit amount.
To apply and be eligible for the one-time, tax-free benefit, people must:
- have been a resident of British Columbia on Friday, Dec. 18, 2020;
- be at least 19 years old on Dec. 18, 2020, unless they are the primary caregiver of a child or cohabitating with a spouse;
- have filed a 2019 income tax return;
- have their 2019 income tax notice of assessment, and if applicable, their spouse’s 2019 income tax notice of assessment;
- have their Social Insurance Number, and if applicable, their spouse’s;
- have their direct deposit information, including branch, institution and account numbers; and
- have their B.C. driver’s licence or confirm they do not have one.
- People can apply until June 2021.